⚔ What am I up to?
- Married to a Ph.D. chemistry scholar who has a higher h-index than mine in Google Scholar.
- Still living in Tokyo, Japan, and will moving back soon to Bandung, Indonesia.
- Graduated as Ph.D. from Shinozaki-sensei’s Lab in Department of Architecture, Shibaura Institute of Technology, Tokyo – Japan.
- Finished my Ph.D. thesis about evaluating architectural studio design deliverables in education settings using affordance-based design approach. Read my latest article here. (Yeah, I speak and read Gibson’s, Norman’s, and much more nowadays)
- Done with the preliminary review in April 2022 and the final review in July 2022.
- Returning as full-time lecturer at Architecture Program, Institut Teknologi Bandung starting this January 2023.
- Done with remote working as a BIM consultant (I guess, that’s considered as a role) in a construction project in Kalimantan, Indonesia
- Remote contributing to a think tank team for a competency standard for BIM in Indonesia, with folks at Institut BIM Indonesia and Ministry of Public Works & Housing
- Still contributing at Mozilla but less frequent than ever, mostly on L10n in Bahasa Indonesia and a Mozilla Reps member since 2011 until… I don’t know.
I might retire soon. I am quiet quitting now as a Reps member, but still active as localizer.
- Occasionally hosting a room at Padepokan Marvel @
Clubhouse*Twitter Space, every Wednesday night or Friday night after a Marvel series episode premiered in Disney+(currently everyone is busy now. so, we will occasionally open the room)
*psstt… nobody listens to Clubhouse anymore
📖 What am I reading?
- The BIM Manager – A Practical Guide for BIM Project Management by Mark Baldwin
- Twelve and a Half by Gary Vee
- The Psychology of Money by Morgan Housel
- Invested: How Warren Buffet and Charlie Munger Taught Me to Master My Mind, My Emotion, and My Money by Danielle Town and Phil Town
- Shelved for a while
The Design of Everyday Things by Don Norman
- Think Again by Adam Grant
💬 What am I interested in right now?
- Extended reality development (including virtual reality, augmented reality, mixed reality) using Unity and Oculus Quest.
- Will learn Unreal Engine 5 because it is SO COOL!
- Building information modeling (BIM) with Autodesk Revit.
- UI & UX design and engineering,
crypto assets(no longer. RIP Terra), personal finance, investing, stocks, plant-basedpescatarian diet (still can’t leave seafood behind), weight loss yoga, workout guided by Apple Fitness+ having crazy haircut and hair dye (while I am still in Japan)Can’t do it anymore. My wife asks me to get a buzzcut.
⏭ What’s next?
- After I graduate, I want to build a laboratory in my office. A media lab. Let me know if you’re interested in collaborating.
Last update: September 19, 2022.